Donations

If you want to make a donation, contact me at abneale@gmail.com or use the Paypal button to the right.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

More craziness, more accessories

So much for having the slow weekend I hoped for last weekend! Many of you know, but for those that don't the short version is that I had a cat escape into the brush and I had to go chasing her shoeless and in shorts, my weed eater and disposal both stopped working and I had a bike crash. I thought I might get to an event early on Sunday afternoon and get in a bit of crochet but adding a stop at a bike shop took away that extra time. The past 2 days have had me gone from before 7 am until around 8:30 pm, so just taking care of the animals and myself took what was left of my time and energy. Finally, I have had some trouble with motivation and I just took some time off.
However, I did make a couple of stops these past few days that had me finding some accessories. I found some really cute reusable lunch bags that are a great size for putting small crochet projects into, so I can keep the pieces for a cap or two in one bag and the pieces for flowers in another, etc. Even better, they were on clearance along with some pen/pencil boxes that hold crochet hooks perfectly, so they were made all the more appealing by their price. I also found some cute buttons that were on sale that will make nice decorations on caps so I picked up several colors.

Lest you think I haven't done any crochet, I have made the "shells" for several crochet mice for the Texas Siamese Rescue but those take only 10-15 minutes. The stuffing and sewing closed take longer but I can do those all at one time later. I hope to have more actual caps to post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment