Donations

If you want to make a donation, contact me at abneale@gmail.com or use the Paypal button to the right.

Monday, April 22, 2013

In memory of Abby

Today, another young life was lost to cancer. After a 28 month fight with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Abby passed away this afternoon. She was a softball player at TWU, in the prime of her life when she was diagnosed and started her treatment immediately. She lost her hair due to chemo and she was one of the people that wore a lot of caps in place of her hair. Seeing pictures of her in a variety of caps, reminds me of why I make caps. I don't really see them in use that often or hear from the recipients but I know from experience that they are something that can be useful and gives people a chance to show their style despite having lost their hair. I haven't been making many lately, but I have a renewed desire to get some made in remembrance of Abby.

With my last donation, I picked several complimentary colors to put together and I did make one cap with those a couple weeks ago that I never posted, it is in a variety of  hues of my favorite color, purple!
To wrap up, I want to share information about my upcoming Relay for Life, in support of the American Cancer Society. If you are interested in joining my team, donating or just knowing more about what I'm doing, feel free to check out my personal page here:
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=32821795&pg=personal&fr_id=52645

No comments:

Post a Comment