Donations

If you want to make a donation, contact me at abneale@gmail.com or use the Paypal button to the right.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Special Order

This morning, a friend asked if I could make a special cap for a little boy. He loves superheroes and has a spiderman doll so I gathered some red, blue and white and decided to look for a pattern for a Super-Man cap before trying to make up my own. I found one that looked good and got started, hopeful that I could finish today and figure out how to get the cap delivered. There were a few things I did to slightly personalize the cap but otherwise I followed the pattern and was able to finish it by early afternoon. By then, a request had come out on the Caring Bridge site requesting blue caps, so after talking to the friend who had requested the cap and he had volunteered to come pick it up from me, I started making some more basic caps in his favorite color, blue. I was able to finish a couple more in different yarns and then sent them with my friend for delivery. I haven't really done much in special orders but I really enjoyed being able to do something with a specific person in mind. If you want to read more about this little boy, check out his site:
www.caringbridge.com/micahahern

No comments:

Post a Comment