Donations

If you want to make a donation, contact me at abneale@gmail.com or use the Paypal button to the right.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Cap!

I have wanted to get started on these hats since the yarn started to come in but hadn't had a chance until tonight. I needed some crochet time and this is a perfect way to change your perspective or attitude, at least it works for me. So I grabbed one of the Lion Brand Organic Cotton yarns (Berry Jam) and made this double crochet hat with a single crochet brim. The yarn is perfect for creating a cap with just a little bit of texture and color design without switching yarn colors and has a nice soft feel to it. With this pattern, you can wear the brim down as shown to the left here, or the single crochet brim can be rolled or folded up and look like the picture below. Here's to the official beginning of Q's caps!
8 DC, 5 SC, J hook

No comments:

Post a Comment